The following activities are prohibited from La Plateforme Watergeeks:
- Posting an item for sale that is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence.
- Posting an item for sale that is in the prohibited items and services list.
- Posting duplicate ads in multiple categories.
- Posting ads using multiple different email addresses.
- Posting an ad that serves no other purpose other than to send traffic to a web site.
- Posting a multi-level marketing or other prohibited job.
- Posting an ad containing a list of keywords not directly related to the item being sold.
- Posting an ad that contains adult, mature or erotic content. Personals are not allowed.
- Posting an ad that defames anyone or contains “hate speech”.
- Posting opinions, notices, and discussion topics which should instead be posted on social media sites.
- Posting an ad in an incorrect or misleading category or with misleading information.
- Posting as a Private Seller, Owner, or Individual when you are a Business, Dealer or Professional.
- Users must be at least 18 years old to post ads on their own. Ads for our younger users must be posted by an adult for security reasons.
- Any ads that do not comply with La Plateforme Watergeeks policies may be removed from the site. Additionally, users who violate such policies may be blocked from using La Plateforme Watergeeks in the future.
- We may, at any time, remove an ad if we believe it interferes with the well-being of the community or the spirit of La Plateforme Watergeeks.
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your province of residence, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws relating to the item you list, buy or sell.
In order to access and use some or a portion of the Services, you may be required to register with us and set up an account with your email address and a password. The email address you provide will be your email address, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. Therefore, you should protect your password and make your password difficult for others to guess.
Using the Services. You will post in the appropriate category or area and will not do any of the following things:
- violate any laws or our Prohibited Content Policy;
- be false or misleading;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm La Plateforme Watergeeks or the interests or property of La Plateforme Watergeeks users;
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of the La Plateforme Watergeeks;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access La Plateforme Watergeeks and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to La Plateforme Watergeeks.
Abusing La Plateforme Watergeeks Services.
Please use the flagging system to tell us about any problems or offensive content so that together we can keep the site working properly. We may limit or terminate our Services, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off La Plateforme Watergeeks if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off La Plateforme Watergeeks or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring La Plateforme Watergeeks or for unauthorized or unlawful content on La Plateforme Watergeeks or use of La Plateforme Watergeeks by users.
Without limitation to the rights granted below (see ‘Content’), some of La Plateforme Watergeeks’ features may display your ad on other sites that are part of the global La Plateforme Watergeeks community in other countries. By using the Services, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites. The terms for our other sites are similar to these terms, but you may be subject to additional laws or other restrictions in the countries where your ad is posted. When you choose to post your ad to another site, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate our other site policies. We may remove your ad if it is flagged on any of our sites, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
Fees and Services.
Using the Services is generally free. However, a transaction fee of 15% applies for the sale of items. We may charge fees for other Services. If the service you use charges a fee, you will be able to review and accept that charge. Our fees are quoted in Canadian Dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms (for accounts over 90 days past due, you permit us to instruct PayPal to deduct the amount owed from your PayPal account balance).
Canadian taxes associated with our Services will be collected when applicable. You agree to provide accurate address information necessary for La Plateforme Watergeeks to comply with its obligations under applicable law. To the extent that such information is not provided, La Plateforme Watergeeks will in its discretion determine and collect appropriate taxes.
You are solely responsible to collect and remit any applicable taxes resulting from the sale of your items or services listed on La Plateforme Watergeeks.
While many features of the Services are available across the La Plateforme Watergeeks websites and their associated mobile applications, some features and functionality may vary depending on which website and/or which mobile device you use to access the Services.
The Services contains stuff from us, you, and other users (as well as from our third party service providers). You agree not to copy, modify, resell or distribute the Services, our copyrights or trademarks. When you give us content, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify La Plateforme Watergeeks Customer Support and we will investigate the matter. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms or the rights of any other party.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). Do not post content that contains any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such individual as may be required. We reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights. The following steps are for reporting a listing to La Plateforme Watergeeks that you believe to be infringing on your intellectual property rights. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability.
The Services are provided “as is” and “as available”. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do. You also agree not to hold us responsible for the payment processing of other service providers such as PayPal (each a “Third Party Payment Processor”. For greater certainty, as applicable, if you link a Third Party Payment Processor account to your La Plateforme Watergeeks Account, you acknowledge and agree that by making payments through La Plateforme Watergeeks with that Third Party Payment Processor, you are bound by that Third Party Payment Processor’s applicable terms and conditions, and we are not liable for any loss, claims or damages howsoever arising in connection with that third party’s services). As most of the stuff on the Services comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of any postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what is offered. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Notification functionality in our Services may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of La Plateforme Watergeeks, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 50 Canadian Dollars.
You will indemnify and hold harmless La Plateforme Watergeeks and its affiliates and our and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (each an “Indemnified Party”), from any claim made by any third party, together with any amounts payable to the third party whether in settlement or as may otherwise be awarded, and reasonable legal costs incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties, arising from or relating to your use of the Services, any alleged violation by you of the applicable terms, and any alleged violation by you of any applicable law or regulation. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, but doing so will not excuse your indemnity obligations.
These terms and the other policies posted on the Services constitute the entire agreement between us and you, superseding any prior agreements. This agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. We both submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Quebec. This will not affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer and applicable consumer law requires application of another law for certain topics. If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below (our assignment to an affiliate will not require notice). Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to:
La Plateforme Watergeeks S.E.N.C.
4904 rue Wellington, Montreal, QC, H4G 1X6, Canada
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing. We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
Mobile Devices Terms
If you’re accessing the Services from a mobile device using a La Plateforme Watergeeks mobile application (the “Application”), the following terms and conditions (“Mobile Devices Terms”) apply to you in addition to the applicable Mobile Privacy and Legal Notice or End User License Agreement, as the case may be. Your use of the Application confirms your agreement to these Mobile Devices Terms.
La Plateforme Watergeeks grants you the right to use the Application pursuant to the following restrictions: you may not (a) modify, copy, publish, license, sell, or otherwise commercialize this Application or any information or software associated with this Application; (b) rent, lease or otherwise transfer rights to this Application; or (c) use this Application in any manner that could impair the Application or interfere with any party’s use or enjoyment of the Application. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your wireless data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the La Plateforme Watergeeks website (and certain functionality may not be available depending on which Application and/or mobile device you are using). Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property – Applications.
La Plateforme Watergeeks owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter La Plateforme Watergeeks’ copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any Application.
Additional terms and conditions that apply to you based on the mobile device the Application is installed on:
iOS – Apple
- These terms are an agreement between you and us, and not with Apple. Apple is not responsible for the Application and the content thereof.
- We grant you the right to use the Application only on an iOS product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Apple’s then-current App Store Media Services Terms and Conditions.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
- Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
- Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple may refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.
- Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these terms, and, upon your acceptance, Apple as a third party beneficiary thereof will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms against you.
Android – Google
- These terms are an agreement between you and us, and not with Google. Google is not responsible for the Application and the content thereof.
- Your use of the Application must comply with Google’s then-current Google Play Store Terms of Service;
- Google is only a provider of the Google Play Store where you obtained the Application;
- Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to the Application or these terms; and
- You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to these terms as it relates to the Application.